Live Christmas Trees
Live Christmas Trees are an environmentally sound tradition that may bring years of joy to you and yourÂ family. Transplanting success is enhanced by the following guidelines:
- Move inside gradually, such as placing it in a cool garage for one day before moving into theÂ house.
- Keep home temperatures reasonably low once tree is inside and avoid placing near heat vents.
- Keep tree watered while inside.
- Do not keep tree inside for more than 5 days.
- Move back outside gradually, 1 day in a cool garage then move it outside.
- Overwinter tree in sheltered area or on north side of house where it will not receive direct sunlight.
- Cover pot with soil or sawdust to insulate pot and avoid winter thawing.
- The tree may need watered through the winter on warm days, usually no more than once or twice per month, remember to water the foliage as well as the pot.
- Plant in wide hole once ground has thawed.
Because of the special care involved with a Live Christmas Tree, we regret that we cannot offer a guarantee.